Update from October 9, 2019
All applicants will receive notification of award or non-award when final Infant Toddler Contracted Slots Program funding recommendations have been approved. The 10/7 announcement date was tentative and has been extended as we await internal approvals.
Last year, $2 million of federal funding was utilized to fund a pilot program serving Child Care Works eligible infants and toddlers via contracted slots. The Governor’s 2019-20 budget includes $15 million to expand the Infant Toddler Contracted Slots program to serve more eligible children.
The Infant Toddler Contracted Slots Program builds upon the already established infrastructure of the Pennsylvania Pre-K Counts (PA PKC) Program model. PA PKC has been in existence since 2007 and provides high quality pre-kindergarten services to eligible children. Building an infant toddler focused program with established PA PKC programs will allow continued focus on quality programming while building strong transitions from infant-toddler to pre-kindergarten classrooms.
- Infant Toddler Contracted Slots Program one-pager (PDF)
- Infant Toddler Contracted Slots Program policies (PDF)
- Infant Toddler Contracted Slots Program application guidance (PDF)
- Infant Toddler Contracted Slots Program application (PDF)
- Application is due by Monday, Sept. 9, 2019, by 3:00 p.m.
- Infant Toddler Contracted Slots Program pre-application webinar powerpoint slides (PDF)
- Infant Toddler Contracted Slots Program 2019 frequently asked questions (FAQ) document (PDF)
- Last day to submit questions – Friday, Aug. 30, 2019
- Application due – Monday, Sept. 9, 2019, by 3:00 p.m.
- Anticipated applicant award notifications – October 2019
The Contact for this RFA process is:
The Pennsylvania Key
C/O Megan Penson, Infant Toddler Contracted Slots Program Supervisor
200 North Third Street
Harrisburg, PA 17101
All questions regarding this RFA process should be directed to this contact ONLY, by sending an email to: RA-PAPreKCounts@pa.gov. The deadline for the submission of questions is Aug. 30, 2019, at 3:00 p.m. Responses to the questions will be released on Sept. 2, 2019.