Dec. 13, 2021. The reauthorized Child Care Development Block Grant Fund (CCDF) requires Lead Agencies to maintain compliance with all provisions of the Child Care and Development Block Grant Act (CCDBG), regulations, and the state’s approved CCDF Plan during the administration of their program. The monitoring cycle for FY2019-FY2021 focused on 34 regulations within 11 topical areas of the CCDF regulations. Based on the information gathered during Pennsylvania‘s monitoring visit, OCC has determined that Pennsylvania is in compliance with 28 of 34 regulations.
As part of Pennsylvania’s response to the areas of possible non-compliance regulations, OCDEL will be releasing several policy announcements that pertain to the child care regulations for certified child care facilities so that child care providers understand what is required to be in compliance with the established CCDF regulations and the Pennsylvania Child Care Regulations.
OCDEL will release the following policy announcements in the coming weeks:
- Health and Safety Training and Professional Development Requirements
- Pediatric First Aid and Pediatric Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Training Requirements and Access to Free Training through Early Childhood Education Professional Development Organizations (ECE PDOs)
- Updated Emergency Preparedness and Response Planning Regulations and Requirements for Child Care Facilities
- Prevention of Shaken Baby Syndrome, Abusive Head Trauma, and Child Maltreatment
OCDEL plans to release a prerecorded/on-demand webinar for certified child care providers to offer an overview of all the policy announcements. Please contact your certification regional child care office for any questions regarding this communication.
- Central Region 800-222-2117
- Northeast Region 800-222-2108
- Western Region 800-222-2149
- Southeast North and Southeast South Region 800-346-2929