If you’re an early childhood educator with federal loans, plan join this webinar on March 31, from 3-4 pm, hosted by the Office of Early Childhood Development, Administration for Children and Families (ACF), and the U.S. Department of Education (ED), which will highlight flexibilities offered through the Limited Public Service Loan Forgiveness Waiver and the ways in which the early care and education (ECE) workforce can take advantage of this time-limited opportunity. More information about the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program can be found on this Federal Student Aid webpage. Speakers will provide an overview of the Limited Public Service Loan Forgiveness Waiver and will discuss:
- Qualifying and applying for loan forgiveness
- Accessing the resources and technical assistance available
- Responding to frequently asked questions from the ECE field.
This webinar will benefit anyone in the ECE workforce with Federal student loans and/or administrators who want to support their ECE staff, including those working in Head Start and Early Head Start programs and in other ECE settings.
The speakers will include:
- Katie Hamm, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Early Childhood Development, ACF, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Katherine Neas, Deputy Assistant Secretary, Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services, ED
- Ashley Harrington, Senior Advisor, Office of Federal Student Aid, ED.
To obtain additional information and to register for the webinar, you can access this Web link.