Announcement ELRC 22-05
Subject: Sunset or Obsolete Keystone STARS Policy Announcements
- All Department of Human Services (DHS) Certified Child Care Providers;
- All Keystone STARS Providers;
- Early Learning Resource Centers (ELRCs);
- the Pennsylvania Key (PA) Staff; and
- the Office of Child Development and Early Learning (OCDEL) ELRC Program Representatives
Deputy Secretary, Office of Child Development & Early Learning
Issue Date: August 4, 2022
Effective Date: July 1, 2022
End Date: N/A
To provide an update to all DHS certified child care providers and other Early Childhood Education (ECE) programs participating in Keystone STARS on sunset or obsolete policy announcements.
With the launch of the streamlined Keystone STARS designation system and the 2022 Keystone STARS Performance Standards, there are numerous policy announcements that are either sunset or obsolete. Some of the policy announcements below are sunset due to outdated information. Others have been updated and incorporated into the 2022 Keystone STARS Program Manual and are now obsolete.
This announcement serves as notification that the following policy announcement is sunset:
- ELRC Announcement 21 #05 Keystone STARS During COVID-19
- Sunset effective July 1, 2022
This announcement serves as notification that the following policy announcements are obsolete due to the issuance of ELRC Announcement 22 #04 Keystone STARS Performance Standards and Program Manual, issued May 16, 2022:
- ELRC Announcement 20 #12 Keystone STARS Performance Standards and Program Manual
- ELRC Announcement 20 #14 Keystone STARS Designation for FY 2021
- ELRC Announcement 20 #16 Internal Assessment Process (IAP) Guide
Child care programs and other Early Childhood Education (ECE) programs participating in Keystone STARS:
- Direct any questions to your ELRC.
- Review and share with appropriate staff.
- Direct any questions to your Program Representative.