The Pennsylvania Chapter, American Academy of Pediatrics (PA AAP) is collaborating with local, private and public groups across the Commonwealth to promote breastfeeding/chestfeeding which ensures the healthiest start for babies.
First Food is a statewide collaborative program, funded by the Pennsylvania Department of Health, committed to partnerships and collaborative efforts to increase the number of organizations throughout Pennsylvania that establish policies and programs to support breastfeeding. Everyone has a role to play in breastfeeding/chestfeeding support. Early Childhood Education programs play an important role in supporting breastfeeding families and their infants by welcoming them and making sure staff members are trained to handle breast milk and follow mothers’ feeding plans. Increasing access to ECE programs that support breastfeeding families will help women start and continue breastfeeding.
Twice a year, First Food hosts regional Collaborative Meetings that bring together local hospitals, providers and community-based organizations to discuss the landscape of breastfeeding support within communities across PA and identify collective impact approaches to support parents, babies and families. The Collaborative Meetings are a time to connect with other community partners in your region, discuss breastfeeding goals and how we can better support parents and babies in the community. Additionally, hot topics in breastfeeding support will be presented on during a breakout session. Some topics include Breastfeeding as a Supportive NAS Treatment, Engaging Partners and Fathers in Breastfeeding Support, Supporting the Return to Work and School, Community-Level Breastfeeding Advocacy, and more!
All ECE programs and staff are welcome to join the collaborative conversations.
Collaborative meetings are regional and require registration. Please sign up for the day designated for your region, based on your county.
Please help by spreading the word by sharing this invitation with your contacts! After registering, you will receive a confirmation email with information on how to join the meeting. If you have questions about registration or the collaborative meetings, please contact Devon Gilinger.
- Southeast (Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery & Philadelphia county)
- Tues, November 30, 1-3:30PM- https://www.flipcause.com/secure/cause_pdetails/MTIzMzg0
- Northeast/Northcentral (Bradford, Carbon, Centre, Clinton, Columbia, Lackawanna, Lehigh, Luzerne, Lycoming, Monroe, Montour, Northampton, Northumberland, Pike, Potter, Snyder, Sullivan, Susquehanna, Tioga, Union, Wayne & Wyoming county)
- Wed, December 1, 1-3:30PM- https://www.flipcause.com/secure/cause_pdetails/MTIzNDAx
- Southcentral (Adams, Bedford, Berks, Blair, Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Fulton, Huntingdon, Lancaster, Lebanon, Mifflin, Perry, Schuylkill, & York county)
- Tues, December 7, 1-3:30PM- https://www.flipcause.com/secure/cause_pdetails/MTIzNDM3
- Southwest (Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Cambria, Fayette, Greene, Indiana, Somerset, Washington, & Westmoreland county)
- Wed, December 8, 1-3:30PM- https://www.flipcause.com/secure/cause_pdetails/MTIzNDM4
- Northwest (Cameron, Clarion, Clearfield, Crawford, Elk, Erie, Forest, Jefferson, Lawrence, McKean, Mercer, Venango, & Warren county)
- Thurs, December 9, 1-3:30PM- https://www.flipcause.com/secure/cause_pdetails/MTIzNDM5