Register for Upcoming Live Demonstration of New Streamlined Keystone STARS Designation System
On October 1, 2021, the new process for Keystone STARS pre-designation and designation applications launches in to Pennsylvania’s Professional Development (PD) Registry. Moving more functionality into the PD Registry streamlines multiple processes into one system and designation for providers.
The PD Registry team invites directors, administrators and owners of child care programs in Pennsylvania to a live demonstration of new system features on Wednesday, July 28, 2021. This will be recorded and posted to the Pennsylvania Key (www.pakeys.org) website.
NOTE: In-depth training on how to apply for Keystone STARS designation in the PD Registry will be available beginning August 2021 via the Pennsylvania Key website.
Register for these live demonstrations:
- For center-based child care programs | 1 PM – 2 PM on Wednesday, July 28, 2021
Register on Zoom (bit.ly/3BbyZAx)
- For family and group child care programs | 6:30 PM – 7:30 PM on Wednesday, July 28, 2021
Register on Zoom (bit.ly/3wMIhPQ)
Other ways directors, administrators, and owners can prepare for this transition include:
- Completing an individual or personal PD Registry profile;
- Applying for placement on Pennsylvania’s Early Childhood Education (ECE) Career Pathway;
- Assisting staff members in completing their PD Registry profile and applying for Career Pathway placement; and
- Claiming their organization profile for their program.
***EDITED on 07/22/2021: A previous version of this announcement incorrectly stated the live demonstration for family and group child care programs was from 6:30 PM to 7 PM. The correct time for this demonstration is 6:30 PM and 7:30 PM. We apologize for any inconveniece this typo may have caused.***