The Program Quality Assessment team offers a variety of professional development (PD) sessions to meet the needs of early childhood and school-age professionals. All face to face ERS and ERS related PD sessions offered by the Program Quality Assessment team were created and are instructed by the Program Quality Assessors. The PAS and BAS PD sessions were created by the McCormick Center for Early Childhood Leadership and are instructed by Program Quality Assessors.
Statewide PQA Professional Development Calendar
This calendar is designed to support programs in selecting the most appropriate location and date to receive professional development on the various POIs. Additionally, if a provider is registered for a session that is cancelled, the calendar provides a quick at-a-glance way to find a new date and location. This calendar is updated monthly and posted to the PA Keys website. It provides information about all currently scheduled POI PD in the Commonwealth offered by a Program Quality Assessor. Be sure to check the PD Registry for additional dates and locations added prior to calendar updates.
On-Site Program Observation Instrument Professional Development Requests
The Program Quality Assessment team accepts requests from early childhood and school-age professionals for on-site POI PD sessions. Requests are honored regionally, in the order received, based on Program Quality Assessor availability, and when adequate notice is provided. The following documents provide information on the available POI PD sessions available, instructions for making an on-site request, and the PD application form. Please note the request form is only for POI PD and not other PD related to Keystone STARS.
Please make the following clickable links.
- Available On-Site Program Observation Instrument PD Sessions (PDF)
- Instructions for completing the Program Quality Assessment Professional Development Application (PDF)
- Program Quality Assessment Professional Development Request Application (PDF)
Additional PQA Pages
- Program Quality Assessment (PQA) At higher levels of quality, early learning and school-age programs receive observation feedback that highlights practices strengths and areas for potential growth from a trained and reliable Program Quality Assessor.
- Program Observation Program observation is a way of gathering information about a program’s practices. Learn more about different ways Pennsylvania observes programs.
- Program Observation Visit Program assessment feedback supports early childhood and school-age professionals in making decisions about areas where quality can be addressed in the early learning or school-age program.
- Let’s Talk Quality: Program Quality Assessment in Pennsylvania (Blog)