Subject: Announcements Deemed Obsolete – C-08-01, C-08-02, C-08-05, C-08-07, C-11-02, and C-13-01
- Certified Child Care Facilities and
- Bureau of Certification Services Staff
Shante’ A. Brown
Deputy Secretary, Office of Child Development & Early Learning
Issue Date: July 28, 2023
Effective Date: July 28, 2023
End Date: N/A
The purpose of this announcement is to notify child care facility operators and Bureau of Certification Services staff that six Office of Child Development and Early Learning (OCDEL) Announcements issued in 2008, 2011, 2013, and 2017 are now obsolete.
During 2008, 2011, 2013, and 2017 OCDEL issued Announcements to reflect requirements that evolved from trends at the time of distribution. Either the conditions that caused the Announcements to be issued no longer exist, the pertinent information has been added to the child care regulations, or is included in other document(s).
This Announcement serves as communication that the following announcements are obsolete, and when applicable the updated announcements that replace them:
- C-08-01: Capacity on Certificate of Compliance, issued April 8, 2008.
The Certificate of Compliance has been revised to include the following: “The total number of persons which may be cared for at one time may not exceed License Capacity or the License Capacity permitted by the Certificate of Occupancy, whichever is smaller”. The revision to the Certificate of Compliance deems the announcement obsolete as the revision addresses the information contained in the announcement.
- C-08-02: Proof of Liability Insurance, issued April 8, 2008.
The information in this announcement is addressed to the certification representative and will be shared as a part of new provider orientation.
- C-08-05, Impact of Change in Equivalencies of CDA and CCP Credentials, issued August 13, 2008.
Added to the regulations in 55 Pa. Code §3270.31(d)(1), §3280.31(d)(1), and §3290.31(e)(1).
- C-08-07, Compliance with Regulations Relating to Recalled Toys and Equipment and Affirmation Form (Attachment), issued September 15, 2008.
The Affirmation Form has been updated and is included on a Disclosure Form which is now a part of the Certification Inspection Instrument (CII). The CII may be viewed on the Pennsylvania Key website (pakeys.org).
- C-11-02, Revised Child Care Staff Health Assessment, issued July 20, 2011.
Revised Child Care Staff Health Assessment has been available since July 20, 2011. The document can be found on the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services (DHS) website (dhs.pa.gov).
- C-13-01, Announced Renewal Inspections Scheduled within a 30-Day Range, issued November 15, 2013
Added to the regulations in 55 Pa. Code §3270.11(g) and §3270.24(d), §3280.11(h) and §3280.23(d), and §3290.11(d), §3290.11(n)(2) and §3290.21(d).
Certified Child Care programs:
- Read this Announcement and share the updates with appropriate staff.
- Direct all questions and comments to your Regional Office.
- Central: 1-800-222-2117
- Northeast: 1-800-222-2108
- Southeast (North and South): 1-800-346-2929
Bureau of Certification Services staff:
- Should delete copies of the obsolete Announcements.
- Notify child care facility operators that these Announcements are obsolete and no longer applicable.