Recorded Demonstration of New Streamlined Keystone STARS Designation System Available Now
On October 1, 2021, the new process for Keystone STARS pre-designation and designation applications launches in to Pennsylvania’s Professional Development (PD) Registry. Moving more functionality into the PD Registry streamlines multiple processes into one system and designation for providers.
The PD Registry team invited directors, administrators and owners of child care programs in Pennsylvania to a live demonstration of new system features on Wednesday, July 28, 2021. This demonstration was recorded and is now available on the Pennsylvania Key’s YouTube channel.
NOTE: In-depth training on how to apply for Keystone STARS designation in the PD Registry will be available beginning August 2021 via the Pennsylvania Key website.
Early childhood education (ECE) professionals can prepare for this transition by completing your individual or personal PD Registry profile, adding your current employer and applying for placement on Pennsylvania’s ECE Career Pathway.
Directors, administrators and/or owners can prepare for this transition by:
- Completing your individual or personal PD Registry profile and applying for placement on Pennsylvania’s ECE Career Pathway;
- Claiming your organization profile for your program;
- Uploading your program’s important documents (staff handbooks, family handbooks, lesson planning materials, etc.) to the new Document Vault library so it is readily available during the Keystone STARS designation process;
- Setting up classrooms for your organization;
- Verifying your current staff list and end date any former employees still linked to your organization; and
- Assisting your staff members to complete their PD Registry profile and apply for placement on Pennsylvania’s ECE Career Pathway.