The Office of Child Development and Early Learning (OCDEL) is committed to providing early childhood services to Pennsylvania’s young children, with special attention to those at risk of school failure. Research consistently shows that children at risk of school failure benefit from quality early learning opportunities, with economic and educational benefits that extend to our families, communities, and the commonwealth.
This report provides information about how Pennsylvania is reaching its young children through quality early learning services, with special attention to at-risk children for fiscal year 2016-17.
This information can be used for several purposes:
- to track progress in reaching all children who can benefit most from early education;
- to help communities better understand their early care and education programming needs, particularly in counties where there are high risks; and
- to inform future decisions regarding early care and education policies and practices.
- Download the 2016-2017 report (PDF)
- County Specific Information (EXCEL)
- School District Specific information (EXCEL)