Looking for information and instructions on how to apply for the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) Stabilization Grants in Pennsylvania’s Professional Development (PD) Registry?
Early Childhood Education (ECE) Professionals
Pennsylvania’s Professional Development (PD) Registry supports the professional growth of Early Childhood and School-Age Professionals by serving as a one-stop shop to:
- Track employment, education and training history;
- Plan professional development including access to an easy to use self-assessment tool; and
- Find statewide quality professional training opportunities.
Frequently Asked Questions
- For Early Learning Professionals and Program Directors (PDF)
- For New Registry Enhancements Webinar on June 27, 2019 (PDF)
Getting Started Tipsheets
- Complete Your Profile and Apply for the Career Pathway (PDF)
- Complete el Perfil y Solicite la Carrera Camino (Career Pathway) (PDF)
- Upload Education to your Profile (PDF)
- Locate a Profile or Create a New Profile (PDF)
- Forgot Password? Retrieve Forgotten Password (PDF)
- Change Your Email (PDF)
- Add Employment to for Early Childhood, School Age, and Education Programs (PDF)
- Add Employment from Out of State (PDF)
- Add Employment for Other Organizations (PDF)
Professional Development Tipsheets
- Find and Register for Professional Development (PDF)
- Buscando Cursos de Entrenamiento en Linea en Espanol (PDF)
- Find Your Professional Development History (PDF)
- Complete PD Self-Assessment and Professional Development Plan (PDF)
NEW! Keystone STARS – Streamlined Pre-Designation and Designation
- Watch a Recorded Demonstration
- Apply for Keystone STARS Designation
- Apply for Keystone STARS Designation Through An Alternative Pathway
- Submit Quality Indicators for Keystone STARS Designation
- Renew Your Program’s Keystone STARS Designations (Annual)
- Submit Accreditation for Keystone STARS Alternative Pathways Designation
- Develop CQI Plans
- Request Consultation
- Access and Navigate the Document Vault
Learn more about Keystone STARS (pakeys.org/keystone-stars).
Career Pathway Placement Review Form
For more information on Pennsylvania’s Early Childhood Education (ECE) Career Pathway, click here.
Self-Assessment & Professional Development Plan
As of January 2019, the new Professional Development (PD) Self-Assessment and PD Plan are now housed in the PD Registry!
- PD Self-Assessment: To find the PD Self-Assessment, start by logging into your account on www.papdregistry.org. From the My Personal Profile page, click the PD Self-Assessment tab. This feature is compatible with both the Pennsylvania Core Knowledge Competencies and Big Ideas Framework for Early Childhood & School-Age Professionals.
- PD Plan: To find the new PD Plan, start by logging into your account on www.papdregistry.org. Hover over the left menu and select Professional Development Plan. This online version of the PD Plan can help professionals track both short-term and long-term goals. It can also help determine intended outcomes, identify potential barriers, and provide additional resources if needed.
If you are still interested in filling out a hard copy of the PD Plan, you can find that document below. Pay careful attention to the directions on how to save and fill it out. NOTE: This form cannot be filled out and saved in your internet browser. You must download this document to your computer or mobile device, open it in Adobe Acrobat Reader to fill it out, and re-save it to your computer or mobile device. Again, this cannot be filled out and saved in your web browser.
Family/Group Child Care Guide
Program Directors, Administrators & Owners
A Director’s Guide to Pennsylvania’s Professional Development (PD) Registry
This guide is meant to be a resource for Directors to successfully set up their organization profile and view reports for their verified staff members completed Professional Development, Self-Assessments, PD Plan completions, and Career Pathway placements. Each section is meant to help Directors complete their own requirements and/or assist their staff in successfully navigating the PD Registry.
Guía de Director por el Registro de PD
Esta guía está destinada a ser un recurso para que los directores configuren con éxito su perfil de organización y vean los informes de los miembros del personal verificados que completaron el desarrollo profesional, las autoevaluaciones, las finalizaciones del plan de PD y las ubicaciones en el camino profesional. Cada sección tiene como objetivo ayudar a los directores a completar sus propios requisitos y/o ayudar a su personal a navegar con éxito por el Registro de PD.
The PD Registry processes organization accounts for Early Childhood and School-Age programs. Having an organization account allows child care programs to:
- Access verified staff qualifications for meeting DHS and Keystone STARS requirements;
- Support staff with professional development planning; and
- Track staff completion of DHS and Keystone STARS training requirements.
Certified childcare organizations can register staff members for training using the statewide training calendar.
Recorded Webinar on the PD Registry and Career Pathway with Accompanying FAQ Document for Directors from December 2019
- Recorded Webinar (Youtube)
- Frequently Asked Question (FAQ) Document (PDF)
- Add a Classroom (PDF)
- Claim an Unregistered Organization Profile (PDF)
- Claim an Unregistered Organization Profile (for Head Start) PDF
- Pull Facility Reports (PDF)
- Verify Staff Employment (PDF)
- Invite Current Staff to Your Organization (PDF)
- Request Administrative Access to an Organization Profile (PDF)
- Accessing and Navigating the Document Vault