The Pennsylvania Department of Education Office of Child Development and Early Learning is pleased to announce the 2019 Prenatal to Grade 3 (P-3) Governor’s Institute: P-3 Collaboration – Working Together for Student Success. The purpose of Pennsylvania’s P-3 Governor’s Institute is to help school districts, early learning providers, and community organizations throughout the commonwealth make the vital connections and collaborations necessary for student success from prenatal through grade 3. The 2019 P-3 Governor’s Institute is being offered June 24- 25 at the Hershey Lodge in Hershey, PA.
Participation in the 2019 institute is limited to 22 teams that have not previously attended a P-3 Governor’s Institute. Participating teams will be selected through an application process. School districts, birth-5 early learning programs, and community organizations may submit an application. Applications may be submitted for more than one team from the same organization, if each applying team represents a different elementary school and birth-5 feeder school/program. Teams should be built around a specific elementary school(s), its feeder early learning programs, and the local community. Selected teams will participate in this two-day event. Professional development will be offered to support team specific implementation of P-3 efforts.
Most expenses, except meals, will be covered for participating teams using Preschool Development Grant funds. Act 48, and Act 45/PIL professional development credits and Pennsylvania Quality Assurance System (PQAS) hours will be offered.
To be considered for participation in this event, participating teams must agree to the following:
- Participate in pre-conference assignment, webinar or call;
- Attend and actively engage in the entire two-day event;
- Bring a core team of no less than four educators (maximum participating team of eight members): a birth-5 administrator, a birth-5 teacher, a K-3 administrator, and a K-3 teacher. Preference will be given to applicants who include up to four of the following: family leader or family representative, Early Intervention representative, out of school time professional, community member, librarian, curriculum specialist, higher education partner, IU representative, Home Visiting, and Family Support;
- Applying team has not attended a past P-3 Governor’s Institute;
- Engage in continuous improvement via sharing and implementation of strategies/programs that will enhance student achievement; and
- Maintain an active role in the Governor’s Institute cohort subsequent to the event (e.g., professional learning community, webinars, monthly follow up).
Applications are now available. Deadline to submit an application is April 30, 2019. Selected applicants will be notified via email by May 10, 2019. The application can be accessed at Governor’s Institute P-3 2019 Application. If you have any questions, please contact Jolie Phillips at email@example.com.