Early Childhood Education Leader: Your assistance is requested to share information and assist in recruiting family members to participate in an exciting opportunity! Pennsylvania families are needed to support and impact early childhood education coursework that is provided at colleges and universities across Pennsylvania.
This opportunity is supported by Pennsylvania’s Office of Child Development and Early Learning (OCDEL), through the Parents as Partners in Professional Development (P3D) initiative and the Early Childhood Education Professional Development Organizations (PDO’s).
Who to recruit?:
Family members who have young children who are currently enrolled in childcare, Head Start or Pennsylvania Pre-K Counts are invited to apply to be part this cohort.
We are specifically looking for family members that have diverse experiences including:
- Children receiving Early Intervention services that are also enrolled in childcare, Head Start or Pre-K Counts
- Families receiving childcare subsidy
What will family members do?
This cohort will be provided opportunities to connect with college and university early childhood professors to provide a family perspective.
Example activities may include:
- Recording videos of your family story and/or family routines/activities.
- Review of course materials.
- Participation in an interview with an early childhood educator/student.
- Participation in a panel presentation to an early childhood education class with other family members.
- Present your experiences to a class (guest lecturer)
What supports will be provided to family members?:
- Family members will be compensated (paid) for their time and reimbursed for travel and child care expenses.
- The cohort will receive support and training related to this new initiative. (One full day, virtual training is required on Aug. 10, 2021.)
- Individualized support and training will be provided as needed.
- An opportunity to develop a resume that outlines the skills, knowledge, and experiences gained from their parenting journey.
Application Deadline: July 9th, 2021
How can you help?:
- Share the flyer with all families you know who meet the criteria.
- Reach out directly, with a personal message to families that meet the criteria. A personal invitation goes a long way.
- If you do not have direct contact with families, think of programs or agencies you work with that do. Share this information with them and encourage them to reach out directly with families. Again, a personal message will go a long way.
- Direct questions families (or you!) have to Sarah Holland at email@example.com
- Encourage interested families to tune into the pre-application webinar on June 30, 2021, at 10:00 am (link is also on the flyer).
- Tune into a webinar on June 30, 2021, at 1:00 pm for those to help with recruitment efforts. This will be an opportunity to have your questions answered, learn a little more about the initiative, and learn a few strategies to help recruit families.