- Processing time for all PQAS applications is 30-90 days.
- If your PQAS has been expired 6 months or more, an initial application will be required.
Below are the minimum qualifications for each PQAS type.
Faculty instructor: Master’s degree from an accredited institution. Faculty who have a Doctoral level degree, and do not have the ECE credits, may choose Competency Groups that can be supported by their educational background. Faculty need to have taught a minimum of four courses over the last two years. Faculty must have at least two years of experience, and be currently employed, as an instructor at an accredited institute of higher education.
Professional Development Instructor: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
Standardized Professional Development Instructor: A professional license or other type of recognized credential/degree, who do not have early childhood/school-age educational backgrounds, but have important information to share (e.g., nurses, accountants, lawyers, CPR & First Aid).
Director Instructor: Associate’s degree from an accredited institution.
Please reference the PQAS Application Requirement document (PDF) when completing the application to ensure you have all the required pieces.
To apply for PQAS, login into the PD Registry (www.papdregistry.org), select the appropriate check box, and complete the required tabs.
FURTHER INFORMATION ON PQAS
- PQAS Courses. This page contains a list of required courses for applicants and directions on where to find these courses.
- PQAS Resources. This page contains a collection of documents and webinars about PQAS.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR INDIVIDUAL APPLICATIONS
- Professional Development Module – Template (PDF)
- Technical Assistance Action Plan – Template (PDF)
- Knowledge Area Support Documentation (PDF)
SUPPORT DOCUMENTS FOR INDIVIDUAL APPLICATIONS
- Professional Development Module – Sample (PDF)
- Professional Development Module – Scoring Rubric (PDF)
- Technical Assistance Action Plan – Sample (PDF)
- Technical Assistance Action Plan – Scoring Rubric (PDF)
- Director Instructor Module Descriptions (PDF)
- Organizational PQAS Application (PDF)
- National E-Learning Organizational PQAS Application: Beginning May 1, 2020, the application fee for Pennsylvania Quality Assurance System (PQAS) National E-Learning applications (initial and renewal) will be $750.00. The approval will be valid for a three-year term, after which time the organization will need to update their materials as needed and renew their approval. For information on this application, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
SPECIAL EVENT PQAS APPLICATION
- Special Events/Conference Application (PDF)
- Special Event Policies (PDF)
- Course Overview Form (PDF)
- Knowledge Area Update Form (PDF)
[This form allows you to update your expertise in the Pennsylvania Core Knowledge Competency Group(s) and/or add standardized modules.]
- Director Instructor Module Update Form (PDF)
[This form allows you to add modules once you have completed the appropriate prerequisites for Director Instructor courses. See Director Instructor Module Descriptions link below.]