WHAT IS THE CDA VOUCHER PROGRAM?
The Pennsylvania Key CDA ASSESSMENT FEE VOUCHER PROGRAM supplies payment for the CDA Assessment Fee that is required to complete the CDA Assessment process. The full CDA Assessment Fee of $425 is paid directly to the Council for Professional Recognition. *NOTE: This program does not reimburse individuals.
The Pennsylvania Key also offers a voucher for $125 to cover a CDA Renewal Fee.
WHAT ARE THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE CDA VOUCHER?
Applicants must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- A resident of Pennsylvania
- Working in that program at least 20 hours per week, unless working in a CTE program. If you are currently a student in a Career and Technical Education (CTE) program you may submit documentation on school letterhead indicating enrollment and that you are currently working in a STARS facility. (Meeting the 20 hours weekly will be waived.)
- Completed application on the CDA Council website (cdacouncil.org) with a “Checkout” Application Status.
- Example (PDF)
- Submit all required documentation as listed in the application, including:
- the CDA Voucher Employer Attestation Form (NOTE: This form is not required for CTE students.)
- the Pennsylvania Early Childhood Education (ECE) Professional Development (PD) Commitment Form in English (PDF) or Spanish (PDF)
- current DHS Certificate of Compliance (obtained from Director/Owner of current employer), and
- a screenshot documenting “Checkout” application status with the CDA Council.
Applicants must meet ONE of these:
- A PA DHS registered family child care practitioner that is designated as a STAR 1 or higher;
- A PA DHS certified group child care home practitioner that is designated as a STAR 1 or higher;
- Employed in a PA DHS certified child care center/registered home that is designated as a STAR 1 or higher; OR
- Participating in a Career and Technical Education (CTE) Program.
The CDA Council has a comprehensive checklist and other valuable resources on their website to review before applying.
HOW DO I APPLY FOR THE CDA VOUCHER?
Apply for the CDA Voucher in Pennsylvania’s Professional Development (PD) Registry. Paper applications are no longer accepted.
Contact us at email@example.com or 1-800-284-6031.