WHAT IS THE CDA VOUCHER PROGRAM?
The Pennsylvania Key CDA ASSESSMENT FEE VOUCHER PROGRAM supplies payment for the CDA Assessment Fee that is required to complete the CDA Assessment process. The full CDA Assessment Fee of $425 is paid directly to the Council for Professional Recognition. *NOTE: This program does not reimburse individuals.
The Pennsylvania Key also offers a voucher for $125 to cover a CDA Renewal Fee.
WHAT ARE THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE CDA VOUCHER?
Applicants must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- A resident of Pennsylvania
- Working in that program at least 20 hours per week, unless working in a CTE program.
- Completed application on the CDA Council website (cdacouncil.org) with a “Checkout” Application Status.
- Example (PDF)
Applicants must meet ONE of these:
- A PA DHS registered family child care practitioner that is designated as a STAR 1 or higher;
- A PA DHS certified group child care home practitioner that is designated as a STAR 1 or higher; OR
- Employed in a PA DHS certified child care center/registered home that is designated as a STAR 1 or higher.
The CDA Council has a comprehensive checklist and other valuable resources on their website to review before applying.
HOW DO I APPLY FOR THE CDA VOUCHER?
Apply for the CDA Voucher in Pennsylvania’s Professional Development (PD) Registry. Paper applications are no longer accepted.
- Resources on Completing your PD Registry Profile (PDF)
- Apply for the CDA Voucher (PDF) or Solicitar un cupón por la aplicación de CDA (PDF)
[Last Updated : Jul. 2021]
WHEN DO I HAVE TO APPLY BY?
For consideration for the FY 2021-2022, apply by June 29, 2022. Any applications received after this time will be considered for the following fiscal year.
Contact us at email@example.com or 1-800-284-6031.