WHAT IS THE CDA VOUCHER PROGRAM?
The Pennsylvania Key CDA ASSESSMENT FEE VOUCHER PROGRAM supplies payment for the CDA Assessment Fee that is required to complete the CDA Assessment process. The full CDA Assessment Fee of $425 is paid directly to the Council for Professional Recognition. This program does not reimburse individuals.
The Pennsylvania Key also offers a voucher for $125 to cover an individual’s CDA Renewal Fee.
Because many programs may still be closed due to COVID-19, an individual may not have access to required paperwork in completing the CDA voucher application. If an individual does not have access to their site certificate of compliance, a letter from the director or administrator of the program can be submitted and must contain the program MPI number, reference that the individual works that the program, and agreement that the program plans on reopening when COVID-19 mitigation is lifted.
Please note: Effective January 1, 2018, the Council for Professional Recognition has increased the application processing for candidates submitting paper applications to $500. Candidates who utilize their online application system at www.cdacouncil.org, will continue to be charged $425. At this time, the CDA Assessment Fee voucher will continue to be valued at $425. Should you choose to utilize a paper application, you will be responsible for submitting the additional $75 fee in addition to the $425 CDA Assessment Voucher. Paper applications submitted to the Council with only the $425 CDA Assessment Fee voucher will be returned to the applicant.
WHAT ARE THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE CDA VOUCHER?
Applicants must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- A resident of Pennsylvania
- Working in that program at least 20 hours per week, unless working in a CTE program.
- Completed application on the CDA Council website (cdacouncil.org) with a “Checkout” Application Status.
- Example (PDF)
Applicants must meet ONE of these:
- A PA DHS registered family child care practitioner that is designated as a STAR 1 or higher;
- A PA DHS certified group child care home practitioner that is designated as a STAR 1 or higher; OR
- Employed in a PA DHS certified child care center/registered home that is designated as a STAR 1 or higher.
The CDA Council has a comprehensive checklist and other valuable resources on their website to review before applying.
HOW DO I APPLY FOR THE CDA VOUCHER?
Apply for the CDA Voucher in Pennsylvania’s Professional Development (PD) Registry. Paper applications are no longer accepted.
- Resources on Completing your PD Registry Profile (PDF)
- Apply for the CDA Voucher (PDF)
[Last Updated : Mar. 2021]
WHEN DO I HAVE TO APPLY BY?
For consideration for the FY 2020-2021, apply by June 15, 2021. Any applications received after this time will be considered for the following fiscal year.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-284-6031.