PA KEYS TO QUALITY EARLY LEARNING CAREER LATTICE
The Pennsylvania Keys to Quality Early Learning Career Lattice is a guide to the education levels required for many different positions in the early care and education field. The Career Lattice encourages practitioners to attain credentials and degrees and to plan their educational pathway according to the position that they are interested in attaining.
- Career Lattice
- ECE Teacher Quality: Recognizing High Quality Content in Pennsylvania
- ECE Equivalency Degrees
- Assistance in Researching Early Childhood & School-Age Degree Programs
- Pennsylvania General Core Competencies for Relationship-Based Career Advising Self-Assessment Checklist
- Director Credential Programs
CAREER LATTICE CLARIFICATION REGARDING DEGREES EARNED FROM BUSINESS, TECHNICAL AND TRADE SCHOOLS
Effective April 22, 2014
- ASB and AST ECE degrees will be recognized on the Career Lattice at Level IV.
- If the business, technical, or trade college has a signed program-to-program articulation agreement with another accredited institution of higher education offering an Associate in ECE or Baccalaureate in ECE or Child Development, the degree will be recognized on the Career Lattice Level V.
- Courses offered by business, technical or trade schools with accredited programs identified on the Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency (PHEAA) website at www.pheaa.org by school name and program code will be eligible for payment through the Rising STARS Tuition Assistance Program. The PHEAA code for business, technical and trade schools offering an approved ASB or AST ECE is 7B – Early Childhood Education. This information can be accessed on the PHEAA website by selecting the State Grant Program link under Funding Opportunities then selecting the State Grant Program Manual from the list of Documents and Forms.
Visit the Pennsylvania Educator Certification Tests website to find out information on the tests required for PA Teacher Certification for PreK-4th grade.
Currently, the Pennsylvania Educator Certification Test (PECT) covers PreK-4.
The PECT/Pearson phone number for questions is (413)256-2886 or (800) 877-4591. (Please note, they will ONLY answer PreK-4 Questions.) Available Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m. E.S.T.