A new survey from OCDEL is gathering information to determine how OCDEL is meeting professional development needs when it comes to the suspension and expulsion policy.
Those who play a role in child care or pre-k should complete the survey, including those who have received the guidance documents, and/or received the initial policy announcement and timeline in July 2017. This includes:
- Director or administrator at a child care center based program
- Teacher Group Supervisor or Assistant Teacher Assistant Group Supervisor at a child care center based program
- Director or primary staff person or administrator at a group child care home
- Teacher or assistant teacher Secondary staff person at a group child care home
- Operator or staff at a family child care home
- PA Pre-K Counts Staff
- Head Start Staff
- Infant Toddler Early Intervention Staff
- Preschool Early Intervention Staff
- School District Staff
The results will be aggregated and shared with the community. OCDEL will then use the information to guide in the development of tools and to provide additional support to early learning programs in developing and implementing their own best practices suspension and expulsion program policy.
Click here to take the survey by March 21, 2018.