Why Are Program Observation Visits Important?
When a reliable Program Quality Assessor conducts program quality assessments, programs gain valuable insight about their strengths and areas for growth. Program assessment feedback supports early childhood and school-age professionals in making decisions about areas where quality can be addressed in the early learning or school-age program. The assessments conducted by Program Quality Assessors also helps Keystone STARS early childhood and school-age professionals celebrate growth as they achieve quality practices that meet their CQI work.
- Program Observation Visit Scheduling (PDF)
- What to Expect During an Environment Rating Scale Assessment (PDF)
- What to Expect During a CLASS Assessment (PDF)
Additional PQA Pages
- Program Quality Assessment (PQA) At higher levels of quality, early learning and school-age programs receive observation feedback that highlights practices strengths and areas for potential growth from a trained and reliable Program Quality Assessor.
- Program Observation Program observation is a way of gathering information about a program’s practices. Learn more about different ways Pennsylvania observes programs.
- Professional Development The Program Quality Assessment team offers a variety of professional development (PD) sessions to meet the needs of early childhood and school-age professionals.
- Let’s Talk Quality: Program Quality Assessment in Pennsylvania (Blog)