PENNSYLVANIA SCHOOL-AGE PROFESSIONAL CREDENTIAL
The Pennsylvania School-Age Professional Credential (SAPC) is administered by the Pennsylvania Key through regional partners. It was developed to promote quality services for children and families by providing specific standards, professional development and evaluation of school-age practitioners. Individuals interested in acquiring the SAPC must meet specific eligibility requirements, complete 120 hours of coursework addressing the thirteen (13) Functional Areas and complete a collection of information including a Portfolio, Resource File, Observations and Family Questionnaires. The final step in the process is an on-site assessment review with a SAPC Assessor. This credential is recognized in the Keystone STARS Continuous Quality Improvement System as meeting Level III on the Pennsylvania Early Learning Keys to Quality Career Lattice.
- Information Sheet about the SAC Credential (PDF)
- Credential Brochure (PDF)
- Credential Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
- Credential and CDA Crosswalk (PDF)
- Credential Guidance for Course Crosswalk (PDF)
SAPC CANDIDATE INFORMATION AND MATERIALS PACKET
Please mail all SAPC Credential applications to:
200 North 3rd Street, 3rd Flr.
Harrisburg, PA 17101
Materials in this packet include a description of the SAPC process, requirements, directions and forms for completing the Portfolio, Resource File, Observations and Family Surveys. Also included is the application for the on-site assessment review. To order a paper copy of these materials call 800-284-6031 and request a SAC Credential Packet. Please have your Early Learning Facility MPI# and shipping information when calling to request a copy of the materials.
- Assessment Process and Competencies (PDF)
- Competencies and Indicators (PDF)
- Candidate Instructions (PDF)
- Advisor Instructions (PDF)
- Advisor Observation Tool (PDF)
- Parent/Community Representative Instructions (PDF)
- Parent/Community Representative Observation Tool (PDF)
- On-site Assessment Request Form (PDF)
RENEWAL INFORMATION AND MATERIALS
For more information about coursework being offered in your region contact your Regional School-Age Project:
For more information, contact Betsy O. Saatman at email@example.com.